Sunday, August 3, 2014

From Home One to Home Two

To start off I have a confession; I suck at remembering to take pictures and I promise I will work on it. No really, I will. You'll see. 
At any rate, this past week my family went on vacation. We went to Ocean City, Maryland and half the week was spent on the softball field, while the other half was spent wandering around OC. It was a bit of an odd vacation for me because it felt like I went from my home in Silver Spring to a vacation at my other home on the Eastern Shore (I live there during the school year since I go to Salisbury University). But Ocean City holds a very special place in my heart.

Ocean City is the first place I remember ever going on vacation to. My grandparents, on my dad's side, owned a condo right on the ocean. We would go up every summer when I was really little and there are so many pictures of my sister and I in adorable little sunglasses sitting in kiddy pools on the sand.

Once I was a little older, my best friend, Emma and I started a tradition of going to Ocean City every year. Those are some of the best memories I have growing up. 

Now I go to school so close that I can drive up for the day or a weekend just to get away! 

Ocean City has been getting a really bad rep the last couple of years so I wanted to share some treasures that make it so special to me. 

1. Sitting out on the balcony: This is the perfect opportunity to people-watch from a safe, comfortable distance ;) Emma and I would stay out on the balcony until the wee hours of the morning, listening to music and eating cereal. 

2. Going to Fish Tales: I know everyone loves Seacrets and that totally makes sense. But! If you want the same beachy vibe, delicious...DELICIOUS food and a more family friendly environment, Fish Tales is the place to be. I adamantly recommend the crab and spinach flatbread. It will change your life.

3. Back to Seacrets: the tables out in the water are the most genius idea! Props to whoever came up with that.

4. Boardwalk: I always make a point to go to the boardwalk at least once while I am in OC. It gets a little too...funky...for me so I go in the afternoon. I still get to experience all the wonderfully unhealthy food, the crazy people and the fun shops without the fear of getting some weird disease. 

5. Dumser's Ice Cream: the best ice cream you could ever imagine. Crap now I want some..

Ok so those are five of my favorite things and I should really stop there because this post would never end. Tubby's Subs, henna tattoos, lifeguards, life and death on coastal highway...alright Jessie that's enough. No matter how strange OC gets it will always hold a place in my heart. 


No comments:

Post a Comment