Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Always A Surprise

Well I'm back! In my last post I talked about how I was moving back to Salisbury and into my own apartment! I've been here since Saturday and it has been an interesting experience. I always have a plan in my head of how my life is going to go and of course it does everything I never expect. 
Now, I refuse to let this blog be a place where I just complain and get all mopey, but I am going to share the highlights AND disappointments of my first couple days living on my own. 

Highlights!
  1. I can walk to Johnathan's apartment and see him all the time! I love living so close to him and being able to see him more often...now how am I going to focus on schoolwork...
  2. I have a car! I have so much more freedom being able to go places when I want to. I don't feel like I am trapped on campus anymore with no where to go. 
  3. I live with some awesome friends! It's a little too cute how we all yell goodnight to each other from our beds. I love coming home to people who love and care for me. 
  4. I have a place that feels like home! I was getting really tired of cement walls and no carpet. I also have my own room where I can have Jessie time when needed. 
  5. A lot of my friends are moving into the same apartment complex as me! I will be able to walk across a courtyard to see them. I'm so happy to have people I love so close by!
Disappointments...
  1. So far it's been lonely...Both my roommates are working stupid long hours and John went back to work the day after I moved in. I don't start work until Thursday, so I've been moping around the apartment until someone gets home to entertain me. 
  2. My room does not get wifi...and when I say it doesn't get wifi, I mean it does NOT get wifi. Nothing. Nada. Stand outside my door, wifi. Cross doorway, dead!
  3. We don't have a TV in the main room yet... So while I'm home alone with nothing to do I can't watch HGTV. Can't a girl just watch some home improvement shows! 
  4. Our AC is so funky... I can hear it on but I don't feel it! So hot! Let's just say we have fans going at all times. 
So there it is! A few of my experiences as a grown up. =P This semester is going to be a lot of fun and I am going to learn a lot!






No comments:

Post a Comment