Thursday, July 24, 2014

Sister From Another Mr.

This, my friends, is my Maid of Honor, Emma. She is also my best friend in the entire world. When I got engaged at an early age of nineteen years old (pause for startled gasp)... Emma was just as nervous about it as everyone else. We knew that our lives and our friendship was going to change forever but didn't know how that would look. 

We have been inseparable since about first grade. We made it through the awful, awkward middle school years attached at the hip and even when we went to different high schools we were always a big part of each others lives. 
Such little faces =)

Potato gun madness






When I asked Emma to be my MOH I knew it was the natural choice. She knows everything about me and loves me for who I am. Being so young we had no idea what a MOH did and what her responsibilities were going to be, I just knew whatever it was I wanted her to be there with me through it all. 

It hasn't been the smoothest considering we are learning our roles together, but each day Emma shows me unconditional love. She has put my happiness above her own to make sure that my wedding season is exactly how I want it. She has such a serving heart, offering to do anything and everything she can to help. I wouldn't be able to do any of this without her and she has completely blown me away with how she is handling this change in our lives. 

Emma is one of the most incredible blessings in my life. I hope one day I can return the love and servitude that she has been giving me today. I love her with all my heart!




No comments:

Post a Comment