Thursday, March 5, 2015

Woo Wedding Post 1: The Ceremony

It's been almost two months since our wedding day. It's unbelievable but we also feel like we have been married forever. I have loved every minute of these past two months! We just recently received our wedding pictures and we are in love! I have been dying to get them back but I was also dreading writing my wedding posts. The day was too perfect and too special that I didn't think I would ever be able to get it into words. It is all very overwhelming! So in order to save my sanity, I've decided to split my posts into three sections; The Ceremony, The Reception and then The Honeymoon.

The Ceremony

It was perfect. It was us. It was exactly what we wanted.

During planning, I had decided that I wanted the ceremony to have Irish traditions. I thought it would make it a little more personal and fun. We had bagpipes, bells, a handfasting ceremony and blessing stones. Don't worry, I didn't totally ignore Johnathan's Chinese heritage. That was celebrated the night before at the Rehearsal Dinner. 

The bagpipes marched my dad and I down the aisle. I think it was surprising and wonderful!


The church was absolutely beautiful! We held the ceremony at First Baptist Church in Easton, MD. It is where Johnathan has been attending church since he started working on the Eastern Shore and we love the community there.



Almost all of our decorations where crafted by my friends and family. But I really have to give a shout out to my Mother-in-Law. She went above and beyond to make the day beautiful.

One of my favorite parts of the Ceremony was our Ring bearer and Flower Girl. The Ring bearer was my little cousin, Alastair. He took his role extremely seriously and everyone in attendance wanted to take him home with them.


He pulled our Flower Girl down the aisle in a wagon. I can't get over the cuteness!!

Our Flower Girl is my little cousin, Sophia. She was nine months at the time and full of adorableness.


Now time to meet our army!
First the Groomsmen. 


From left to right; Jordan (Brother-in-law), Jarrett (Groom's brother), Joel (Groom's brother), Joe (Friend from church), Rob (Friend from high school), Jared (Friend from church), and Rola (Friend from work). 
Thank you guys for standing behind my man on his big day!

Here come the ladies!


From right to left: Emma (Best friend since ever), Meagan (my sissy), Brooklyn (Friend from college), Jess (Groom's sister), Carly (Friend from high school), Kendra (Friend from college) and Becky (Friend from college).
You girls loved me more than I deserved! Thank you for being the best friends a Bride could ask for!


Our handfasting ceremony was a way for us to represent our reliance on each other. Johnathan's sister, Jillian, read an Irish blessing while the Best Man, Jordan, tied our hands together with a ribbon.


The pastor that married us was Johnathan's Uncle Brent. We will always treasure the fact that he was able to be such a huge part of our joining. He did an amazing job. Thank you!


Finally, the moment Johnathan and I had been waiting for so long, he pronounced us Man and Wife!



We look a little happy, don't we!? 


I loved our ceremony. I loved how it really showed who we are as a couple. It was amazing and beautiful and I will remember it forever!





Now that you have seen the pictures our photographer, Anna, took, you can see why we are obsessed with her! We will never be able to thank her enough for all that she did for us. She got there early, worked her butt off the whole day and spent every second making sure we were happy. Please please please look her up! You won't ever regret having her around!


Come back later to see what happened at the Reception! So much fun was had!


P.S. Johnathan, vowing my life and heart to you was and always will be the best decision I've made.

No comments:

Post a Comment