Thursday, March 12, 2015

Woo Wedding Part 3: The Honeymoon

This is the last post in our wedding segment!

For our honeymoon, Johnathan and I went to Ocho Rios, Jamaica. Everyone told us that an all inclusive was the best way to go and they were absolutely right! We stayed at a Sandals Resort and our room was beach side. We felt like royalty the entire week!



We were so excited to be away from the freezing cold weather of Maryland!

Within seconds of getting to Jamaica, we were amazed at how beautiful this island is. The people, the vegetation, the culture, everything! On the bus ride to our resort, Johnathan and I talked about how different living here must be. We were determined to learn more about the culture while we were there...in between relaxing on the beach of course!


Our view from our room was magical. We looked over gardens and could see mountains off in the distance. It was unreal waking up to that view everyday.



We spent most of our days sitting on the beach and eating. The water was crystal clear and just the right temperature. I really don't think I've ever been this relaxed in my life.

The food here was delicious! We would eat ourselves sick all the time! It's all we talked about when we arrived back in the states. The food was too good! GAH, so good! 

I am a true beach bum at heart. I was completely content to just sit on the beach the entire day, people watching and reading my book. But we did make sure to do some activities while we were there. (We had to work off some of the food we were consuming)




I have always wanted to try paddle boarding! I know 100% that I am not coordinated enough to surf but standing up I'm pretty good at. Above you can see me standing on the board backwards...hey at least I'm standing! We also went canoeing along the shore. Our canoe had a glass bottom so I spent the entire ride staring at the bottom of the ocean. I had to make sure nothing was going to get us!!


This trip was amazing to say the least. Johnathan and I had a blast spending our first week of marriage on a tropical island, relaxing and having fun. It was a blessing that will forever be dear to me. I'd be lying if I said I don't daydream about the trip and wish we were there right now. Hell, I still have Ocho Rios saved in my weather app so I can lust over the warm temperatures. 

It was a perfect beginning to our life together! 



P.S. Love, this trip was incredibly fun! Let's plan a million more trips and add a billion more memories to these. Where to next?






No comments:

Post a Comment