Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Woo Wedding Part 2: The Reception

Now for Part 2! 

After the ceremony, we all traveled back toward the Bay Bridge, to a country club called, Prospect Bay.

The thing that caught my eye about Prospect Bay was 1. the really pretty scenery and 2. the room lined with huge windows to look at the really pretty scenery.


See what I mean!? Gorgeous!

The theme for the reception was very rustic. Lots of wood and candles and chalk.





Once the bridal party was announced, Johnathan and I went straight into our first dance. The song was "I'll Be" by Edwin McCain. We were beyond nervous! Neither of us are really into dancing and so my mom's best friend (also maid of honor, so cool!) helped us choreograph something simple for us to practice. Even if we looked ridiculous, it was a fun time!


Next came the toasts! My parents started it off and were on a mission to make everyone in the room cry. 
They did such an amazing job hosting our wedding. Johnathan and I will forever be thankful for everything they did.

I LOVE this picture of them! 


They are so cute!!!!

Emma, my Maid of Honor, was pretty nervous about her toast. She was really determined to have the best one of the night and you could really tell she worked hard on it. I giggle just thinking about it!


Jordan, Johnathan's Best Man, did an awesome job with his toast. It was great to see how many people truly love Johnathan's friendship.


Dinner was served. If you were cool, you had ordered the chili! Which ended up being the most scandalous part of our wedding! What chili?? People don't eat chili at weddings!! It's our wedding and we will do what we want!

Johnathan and I decided to combine the Father-Daughter and Mother-Son Dance. For two very important reasons. 1. Two whole songs are just too long and you completely lose the attention of your guests and 2. On the wedding day there is so much focus on the Bride and I really wanted to make sure that Johnathan was just as important. So we danced together to show that both of these relationships are meaningful.


The next dance we planned was a Bridal Party dance. I anxiously awaited this one because it seemed like so much fun and my parents had the same thing at their wedding. Basically how it works is, the Bridesmaids danced with the Groomsmen that had walked them down the aisle. This dance was special to us because it was our way of honoring those closest to us. We had been working so hard to plan this wedding and we were finally there. Let's celebrate!


The floor was then opened to all of the guests! It was a blast! We played the Shoe game, had a married couples dance and of course the bouquet and garter toss.

Time for the cake!

Our cake was a three layered chocolate cake with butter-cream icing. My friend from high school made it for us and she did an amazing job!


After some more dancing the party started to wind down. I changed for our last dance. We danced to "Never Stop" by Safetysuit. 


Our reception was special. It was really a great celebration with everyone we loved! We left exhausted and filled with joy. Thank you to everyone who came to celebrate with us!


There were so many special moments that I didn't even mention here. I will hold this day close to me forever!


Guys! This is day two of seeing photos that Anna took! Are you hooked yet!? Just this past week, Anna sent Johnathan and I a flash drive with both our engagement and wedding photos on them! She is amazing! Go check her out! I know you want to!




P.S. Dearest Husband, we are loved! 

No comments:

Post a Comment