Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Valentine's Day 2015

I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day last weekend! This year was our first Valentine's Day as a married couple!

For us, Valentine's Day isn't a big deal, but we do like to use it as an excuse to go on an awesome date. We agreed a long time ago that both of us would rather spend time and money on experiences and building memories rather than getting each other gifts. 

Our idea for this date was to go camping in our living room! We borrowed a tent from John's parents, filled it with sleeping bags and blankets, picked up Chickfila and watched a movie! Johnathan even set up his phone to play campfire sounds.

I have never been camping and don't exactly have any desire to go but it is one of John's favorite activities. I know deep down he is dying to get me to go camping with him. Unfortunately, I'm still not totally sold. I figured baby steps might help =)








It was a really fun idea! I even made it until 4am before I woke him up to go back to our actual bed! (baby steps, remember?)

Josey was in tent heaven. She refused to come out for anything. Even as we were taking the tent down the next morning we had to take it down with her still in it.

I'd say our Valentine's Day was a success. Plus, the Mr. gave me roses =) I like roses.




P.S. Husband, the other day as I was leaving for school, I woke you up to say goodbye. You told me to sleep well and rolled back over. Thank you for loving me even when you are half asleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment