Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Let's Go Home!

This past weekend was much needed and very thought-provoking. It's amazing how much good a little time with your family will do. 
The husband and I went back across the bridge for the weekend. It happened to be the perfect weekend to go home because 1. Johnathan's family was back from Hawaii 2. We got to celebrate my brother and sister in-law's birthdays. and 3. My aunt and some cousins were in town from Georgia. That's seriously a lot of family time! 

The fellowship, support and guidance we receive from our family is such a blessing to us. Family can really make you realize that you aren't on your life journey alone. 

I was on an emotional roller coaster this weekend but somehow, in the end, I was rejuvenated for this week and ready to run the race until next weekend =)

So I figured I'd show you some random photos I took this past weekend and also found on my phone, that I thought were pretty great. I'm doing my very very best to remember to take pictures more regularly. 


Ok, I'll admit this isn't the MOST attractive picture of me but it really sums up my personality I think. This was my last fitting for my wedding dress. I, of course, was freezing and had worn a beanie. Needless to say, I forgot it was on. I was going for a skater girl romance look...I'd say I achieved that.


Johnathan and I are still receiving wedding gifts in the mail. This beautiful blanket was sent to me by one of my bridesmaid's, Carly. I adore this blanket!! 


I'd say we have pretty great taste in cups =) This also lead to a very hyper, very obnoxious Jessie on the ride home. 


During my hyper state, I discovered that the bottoms of my shoes had mustaches and glasses! How cool is that!?!?! 



This morning when I went out to defrost my car I found this. My car was encapsulated in an ice cube about a half an inch thick. It's a two door and luckily the passenger's side opened (after a struggle). I then had to kick the driver's side door open from the inside. This would be the second time this year that my doors have frozen shut. I was late to class. I was not a happy camper this morning. 

Life is funny sometimes. I like it that way =)

P.S. Johnathan, since as of today we have been married for a whole month, I've come to the conclusion that this marriage just might stick. Since that is the case, I am going to dedicate the end of my blogs to you. I love you more than brownie sundaes, fuzzy socks and Friends.





No comments:

Post a Comment