Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

Here comes my obligatory Thanksgiving post. The holidays are officially here and I don't know if I'm ready. I don't really have a choice do I? 



This year's holidays are weird for my family. It will be the first year without my grandma and a lot of my family members are traveling all around. There's also my wedding that is still being planned, my dad is turning the big 5-0 and my sister is turning 18. My family sticks to traditions pretty religiously but I think we can take these changes head on. Plus, it may just help us to focus on the meaning of each holiday.  

There's so much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving and really any day for that matter.

I'm thankful for:

* My family hanging out, preparing Thanksgiving dinner, and watching the parade

* My loving, hardworking fiance who sacrifices turkey and football when he goes to work on Thanksgiving

* My friends and family who are working their butts off to make our wedding run smoothly

* The fact that I don't have student loans weighing down on me

* Having only two more weeks of this semester

* Two adorable pups sleeping at my feet right now

* The smell of winter outside (not thankful for the cold though...just saying)

* Josey's wiggles in the morning

* Drinking coffee and staying in my PJ's until noon

* Apple pie and vanilla ice cream

I wish you all a cozy, warm, relaxing Thanksgiving. I pray we can all focus on those we love and unwind from the craziness of everyday life. Love on each other and don't think about how much you are eating...it's ok...no one's judging you.

No comments:

Post a Comment