Thursday, November 13, 2014

The Happenings

This past week has been insane. I feel like I say this in every post. But I'm serious! This time it was really insane. I find myself exhausted from the whirlwind of emotions. 

I guess the best place to start is at the beginning. 

Last Monday I was having a rough day. I honestly don't remember the details but I think it  consisted of too much school and a melting brain. You feel me? So as I pulled into my apartment complex I couldn't get myself to go in and start being productive. Off to our local humane society I went! 

Earlier that morning, I had heard on the radio that they had a German Shepherd there and I was dying to see her. Her name was Josey and her previous owners had left her tied up in their yard since she was a puppy. For that I must say, Karma's coming for them.

When I saw her I knew she was special. Johnathan and I knew we had to have her! 

Getting her was the tough part. There was a long, drawn out fight with the landlord and Karma's coming for them too. But finally! on Thursday morning we got to go pick up our pup (she's actually 5, not so much a pup).




 She's rotten in the most adorable ways. Right now, she is sleeping on top of a nerf explosion she created. We love her!

Next on the insanity list is my BRIDAL SHOWER! Me! I had a Bridal Shower! None of this seems real.

It was wonderful. It was fun. It was everything I could have wished for. I got to see almost everyone that I love in one day! Everyone put so much work into making that day special for me and it was absolutely perfect. There wasn't one thing that I would have changed! ...Well actually, I would have skipped on the gum balls...I paid for that for two days afterward...but who cares! Not me! Because my people rock!






There is so much for me to be thankful for. I've had a great week! Though to be honest when I say that it was insane that was including the not so wonderful things that have happened as well. I know I don't want this blog to be somewhere that I complain, but I do want it to be real. I'm human and things get to me. School was too much this week. Josey is in the process of being trained and I need more energy in order for that to happen. I haven't spent time with John in at least two weeks. I'm getting to the point of grumpy monster rapidly and it isn't looking good for those who cross my path. I will get through this season but it won't be pretty!

Thank you all for reading! It encourages me every day! Blog day is my favorite day =)




No comments:

Post a Comment