Friday, July 18, 2014

Stay You, Stay Happy

This past year has been focused around understanding my mind and my body. I fully believe that being true to who you are despite how others view you is a major key to your own happiness. That being said, I also know how hard it can be to succeed at this goal. 

I thought I'd share how I started to accomplish that and what I learned about myself along the way.

  1.  It is OK to say no!
    • For me especially, I am too easily pressured into volunteering for too many things. I find myself over committed and overly stressed. So when I find my schedule overflowing with appointments I reevaluate where I am spending my time and decline some events.
     2.   Take some needed time alone.

    • Being an introvert, I lose energy when I am around a lot of people for too long. When I can feel myself getting drained I will find time in my day to relax in a quiet area and do something I love, such as read a magazine.
     3.   Spend time with people you love.

    • When you are working or going to school there seems to always be people on a mission to put a damper on your day. So when you get home and can surround yourself with those that love you, it is a lot easier to put those stinkers behind you. I love spending time with my fiance, Johnathan. He never ceases to brighten my day. =)
Fun day trip to Ocean City!

      4. Get active!

    • When I find myself being lazy for an extended period of time it amazes me how awfully my body and mood are affected. As soon as I get active my mood heightens, my body feels energized and my muscles feel awakened and ready to go! When I get caught up in an overwhelming moment, my doggy and I will head out for a short walk. It's absolutely life-saving!
Mine is the beautiful Golden Retriever, Cota.

   OK so those are four things that I have been working on lately that have been making me happy. It's been a crazy journey to understand who I am and to also be happy about that person. Learning techniques that can make you feel good about yourself is essential to leading a fulfilling life.

Hope this encourages you to find what makes you happy and not be afraid to get out and do it! 





1 comment: