Monday, July 21, 2014

Hostess with the Mostest

Today I am having some friends over to work on wedding decorations! As the wedding inches closer and closer I can't help but get more excited about my new life with John. This coming life holds new adventures and even newer responsibilities, including playing hostess to friends and family that visit our home. Practice makes perfect right? 

After cleaning the house all day, I stopped to make a yummy summer dessert to share as we slave away gluing and cutting tonight. Of course that means I headed to Pinterest for some inspiration ;) That is where I found an amazing looking "Strawberry Trifle Dessert". 

The recipe comes from another blog (shown below)


So instead of just copying what this blogger said I decided to show you the recipe in picture form. 

First on the list; my ingredients:


  • Strawberries, Blueberries, Raspberries
  • White Chocolate Pudding Mix and milk
  • An Angel Food Cake
  • Yummy Whipped Topping!!
(exact measurements in the link above)



Next, I rinsed all my fruit and lay them out across the table because all the colors made me happy and I wanted to look at them, don't judge.


Cut the Angel Food Cake into one inch squares and eat all the crumbs that fall off because I said so. 




Slice about three cups of strawberries.

Next, you're going to make the pudding: mix the two boxes of pudding mix and the milk. Whisk for two minutes and then let stand for two minutes. 

Finally, you're going to start to layer all your ingredients into a large glass serving bowl. Start with 1/3 of the cake, add 1/3 of the pudding, 1/3 of the fruit and then 1/3 of the whipped topping. Do that three times, ending with the whipped topping. Then make a fun design with your fruit to finish it off!


This recipe was super easy! The ingredients make the dessert very light for hot summer nights which in my book means it's absolutely perfect!
Now I just need my friends to get here so I can dig in! 






No comments:

Post a Comment