Thursday, January 1, 2015

It's A New Year

Good afternoon, beautiful readers!

I hope you had a wonderful New Year's Eve and that the first day of 2015 is treating you well. 



I was really lame this year and it was the first time since I can remember that I rang in the new year laying in bed, reading a book. Not even a good book I might add; "Wicked". I never saw the play but I had heard such hoopla about it that I thought I'd read it. I'm sorry but it's nothing great. A pretty slow read if you ask me. Anyway, back to the new year. Since John and my wedding is ten days away we decided that a New Year's party would just push us over the edge. 

2014 was a year of lots of highs and lows. 



Some highs for me were:
  • Asking my friends to be my Bridesmaids. It's really come full circle this year!
  • Moving into my first "big girl" apartment
  • Planning a wedding is special and exciting!
  • Slowly moving into Johnathan's apartment =)
  • My family sent me my first Edible Arrangements and it was to die for!
  • "Rescuing" the kids at Great Falls. The most embarrassing moment but it will definitely be a great story to have.
  • Baby Sophia being born. I'm obsessed with her
  • Our engagement pictures are absolutely gorgeous! 
  • My wedding dress!!!!!
  • Starting this blog
  • Quitting my job. Best decision ever!
  • Getting Josey, our super annoying, super wonderful pup!
  • Getting straight A's after a very trying semester
  • My Bridal Shower was beautiful
  • My Bachelorette party was so fun!


And some lows were:
  • My Grandma Kitt passing away in January. We are a few days away from it being a year ago. I love her so much and will be thinking about her on our wedding day. 
  • Planning a wedding is stressful!
  • Moving out of the Chesapeake Apartment. I loved my six roommates! They were very special to me!
  • Had 2 too many trips to the ER this year.
  • This year was hella stressful!
I'm so excited to see where 2015 takes me. It will be our first year of marriage, my last year of undergrad and hopefully a ton more fun in between! I'm incredibly blessed and thankful for everyone in my life. 

(photos from tumblr.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment