Thursday, January 22, 2015

I'm Back and I'm Married

Hey I'm back!

And yes, I'm married!

I stole this picture from my uncle Josh


I haven't written in two weeks. My excuse is that I was getting married and then I was out of the country. These have been the best two weeks ever! Of course you'd expect me to write all about my wedding and honeymoon on this here blog but right now I just don't have it in me. 

To be completely honest when I got back from my honeymoon I seriously considered not blogging again. I just didn't feel like it was as important as other things that I need to do. But I decided to keep trying and not give up just yet.

This week I am just going to write about my first week and a half being married. I'm exhausted and busy and just don't have the energy to put together a post on the actual wedding day because that day was terrific and deserves so much better than a half-assed post.

In my opinion, being married rocks. I know I just started but this is definitely what I'm supposed to be doing with my life. Johnathan and I are best friends and now we get to live life together. I know everyone is thinking "oh you are in your honeymoon stage. just you wait for real life to hit". And I say to you, "bull". John and I have been dating for almost six years now. Yes we are going to have trials, yes they are going to be different than when we were dating but no I don't think they are going to be too much for the foundation that we have been laying down for so long now. We are so ready for this.

Some main points that have been on my mind since our wedding:

1. This first time I really felt like an adult was the day that Johnathan and I packed our cars and moved me out of my childhood house. Driving down 50 toward our home hit me pretty hard. It's different than moving out to go to college, it's different than moving into your first apartment as a young single adult, it's OUR home.

2. I don't like having a new name. I feel like you're either really excited about it or you really aren't. I don't like it. Sorry John. 

3. Going to bed together. BEST THING EVER! The first two nights back in Salisbury we ate ice cream and watched "Friends" until late. I can get used to that. 

4. Unpacking is the worst thing ever. Packing in general is the worst. 

5. When we are exhausted our communication is so awful it's humorous. This seems pretty normal but tiny fights over where to put things are just stupid.

6. I've been crazy emotional since we got married. Again, sorry John.

7. The first meal I cooked him as his wife was beef and barley stew. I'm starting this marriage game off strong. 

8. Boys are weird.

So there you go. I'll try to be back on here again next week. Maybe with a little bit more about the actual wedding. Though maybe not because it's the first week of classes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment