Thursday, September 18, 2014

Big Brother

Just so you all know the title of this post is Big Brother because that's what my roommate is watching and I just don't have the energy to think of anything better. Aaaaand this post has nothing to do with a big brother...I don't have one of those. 

Anywho! This past weekend was 1. much needed and 2. super fun! It started Friday right after class, the fiance and I drove up to Ocean City to get in some last minute family time at the end of their vacation. Even after five years of dating it is still a little daunting to be joining such a huge family. Johnathan is one of seven kids. Now don't get me wrong, my extended family is the population of California but I'm only used to my sister and I. The great thing is I ADORE John's siblings! 



This is Jianna and Jade, Johnathan's two youngest sisters. Aren't they beautiful?! Basically I fit in and people already think I'm related I mean look at the resemblance...my skin is just as bronzed as theirs is....crap...

It was a little cold on Friday so we decided to just walk the boardwalk for the afternoon. The "kids" (I'm a kid fyi) also decided to walk along the beach for a while. It was so much fun getting to spend time with them and just catching up.


Johnathan and his youngest bro, Jarrett. Men men men men! Is it weird that the Robinhood Men in Tights song just popped into my head..?

It was a great start to the weekend! Now on to Saturday! Carly, one of my best friends from high school and one of my bridesmaids, came to see me!! Saturday was a rocking party; we went to the zoo, we went out to lunch, we took a nap, we ate dinner, and then we went to Royal Farms to pump up the tires in her van. Seriously, we are too fun. 

From left: Carly, Kendra and Me

The Salisbury Zoo is actually pretty impressive. No lame animals here! We spent the afternoon walking around, laughing at monkeys and even witnessed an attempted escape (that beaver was very determined). 


This is where you learn how to be a sloth. Very important things were learned that day. Very important things. 


This picture doesn't show it well but that bear is extremely close. We could have touched it. We didn't though.
I missed Carly a lot. Life gets too hectic and I don't get to see this beautiful woman enough. It was awful letting her go home but I am sooooo happy I got some time with her. She's my favorite =)

Here's to another awesome weekend this week! 




No comments:

Post a Comment