Sunday, June 7, 2015

Sunday In the Country

Living in the country is definitely a big transition for me. I was born and raised in the "city", right outside of DC, and until just recently, knew nothing different. I can tell it is going to be a love/hate relationship but so far it has been mostly on the love side. 

Each day brings a new lesson or adventure. Of course adding to the fact that this is our first house and have only been in apartments so far.

One big thing we are having to get used to is the wildlife. We started off with a house FILLED with bugs. Then we found the mice and then shortly after we discovered our three black snakes. Oh and I literally just found a tick crawling on my sleeve...I'm not joking. Yesterday, we had a Bald Eagle sitting in our front yard and as I look out the window now, a doe is walking through our side yard. I moved to a zoo.


Living in the country means that you can clean all day and five seconds later it will be dirty again. Just the other day, I swept and mopped our floors. I turn around and there is mud...MUD tracked through my kitchen. Not going to lie, it's still there. I was too tired from mopping the first time.

funny clean kitchen mom sign

Living in the country means that my drive to work is gorgeous! I drive past fields and country mansions. It's so relaxing! Who ever thought driving to work would be a favorite part of the day? 

Living in the country means that it is freaking dark at night! Like, can't see your hand in front of your face dark. So dark. You don't know what dark is until you step outside my house at night. Dark.

I love the fresh air, I love the quiet, I love the sunlight that comes through our windows. I love how coming home creates such a peace in me and that it is truly turning into my safe place.



P.S. Husband, thank you for always dropping everything and running when you hear me screaming about a spider. You are my protector. 

2 comments:

  1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KeLVWj53CI

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to come see your new house! I'm so glad you are loving it and that it feels homey and peaceful to you. Nothing like having your own place of refuge. :)

    PS. The first photo didn't show up for me. Not sure if it's my computer or your link, but I thought I'd let you know so you could check. ;)

    ReplyDelete