Friday, June 19, 2015

Peace Of Mind

I was just talking to a friend about how much I rely on always having a "plan". I like to know what my next step is and what my goals are for the future. So when I realize I have no idea what my next step is or really what I want to do in general, I feel like I'm lost and wandering through life with no purpose. Which of course, is not true. I feel like this period of unknown should be spent enjoying the life I have now (this should really always be my plan but hey I'm slow sometimes). Why should I let stress and confusion cloud the fun I am having right now!

I mean, just last week, Johnathan and I went rollerblading down our street!



I looked like a baby deer learning to walk but it was fun!! Well it was fun until my roller blade completely broke in half and I had to walk back to the house in my socks. But we went rollerblading for goodness sake! Life is fun!

Then my mom and sister came up for the day and we walked around downtown Easton. We browsed the shops and ran in the rain. We laughed so hard that I cried and drooled all over myself! And to remember that day I got a pretty bracelet from the Irish store. Life is seriously fun!



We had a cookout with some really awesome friends! We went swimming, ate crabs, grilled burgers, had a campfire, and saw free fireworks from their back yard! I made my first batch of cupcakes for my self-assigned challenge of baking cupcakes once a month (I've got an awesome list of cupcakes). Life is really fun!



I also have the most thoughtful husband in the world, who thinks that dating his wife is an important part of a relationship. He took me to our favorite ice cream shop in Oxford. It was a beautiful night and a fun time to catch up with my hubby in the middle of the week. Life is fun!



This weekend we are heading back over the bridge to celebrate my sister-in-law who graduated from high school this year! And to celebrate Johnathan's Dad on Father's Day. (My dad left the state so he doesn't get to celebrate with me...it's his fault.) 

Remember that even when you don't know what is coming next, right now is a good place to be.



P.S. John, when you wake up, I'm making waffles!

No comments:

Post a Comment