Thursday, December 11, 2014

What Is My Crazy Life?

At this point, twelve hours a night has become the requirement for me to function normally throughout the day. Of course, this isn't exactly possible, resulting in me not functioning even close to normal. 

It's been a crazy week.

I'd first like to tell you why my family is the worst. They all decided to come into this world really close to Christmas. My mom has a birthday in October, my dad and fiance have birthdays in December, and my sister has a birthday in January. I believe they are all conspiring together to see how close to broke they can get me. And every year...they succeed.  

Last Friday was Johnathan's birthday. I planned a tiny, tiny party that consisted of beer tasting and a baked potato bar (basically I was trying to accumulate wife points early). This was my first time hosting anything and the perfectionist in me was FREAKING out! I was putting a lot of pressure on myself to 1. throw the perfect party 2. make Johnathan proud and 3. make sure he knew how much I loved him. I managed to chill myself out enough to really enjoy the party and I was really satisfied with how it went. I think Johnathan had a pretty banging birthday!



I learned that hosting is a very rewarding activity. I'm almost hoping that this is what God can use me for as a service to Him. Key word is "almost". Guys, I was exhausted. Being an introvert, it took every ounce of my energy to throw this party. By the end, I had nothing left. I was so happy and fulfilled the next day but I could not get myself off the couch. I will have to find a balance because the satisfaction of serving people in my home felt good and felt right.

The next day, John and I went to my friend's wedding which was magical and wonderful and I was an emotional mess. I think weddings become a lot more real when you are about to have one yourself =) My friends stood up in front of everyone and took a vow to love each other forever. That's amazing!




This leads to the fact that we are a month away from our wedding!!! I think I may write a post about the whole engagement process because there is so much to be said about the journey that it is. We are also two days away from being engaged for a year! 

There's other crazy things that happened this week; my dog destroying the apartment, finals, and the Victoria Secret Fashion Show (haha just kidding!).  

All in all, I think this has been a pretty good week. Though I wouldn't mind a more relaxed one in the future...

No comments:

Post a Comment