Thursday, December 18, 2014

Bachelorette Party at it's Finest

I really thought that over break I would be able to post twice a week on here, but with the wedding almost three weeks away and Christmas next week, I am just as busy as ever. Instead of school, my days consist of wedding tasks, Christmas shopping and keeping an eye on Josey, who seems to have lost her mind lately. The one thing that is really a blessing is that I am catching up on sleep! It isn't until you start to sleep really well that your body finally shows you the damage that was being done before. 

Speaking of no sleep, last weekend was my Bachelorette Party! According to my sister, "what happens at the Bachelorette Party stays at the Bachelorette Party", but I will share a little. =)

The party started off a little fuzzy...

Becky was my ride to the beach house in Bethany and she had asked me earlier if it would be ok if we made a pit-stop to watch her little sister sing a solo in her school's Christmas program. Of course! Her little sister is adorable and I knew the party didn't really start until the next morning. 
We were at the program for about an hour and to be honest I was getting a little antsy. I was excited for my party, duh! Her sister was up next. Becky, her family and I waited in anticipation for her sister to come out. The song begins, her sister sings two lines and then walks off stage. We look at each other. Maybe she has more lines later? Nope. That was it! I don't think Becky's ever going to live that one down. It was hilarious! Making the bride late for her party for a solo that was maybe 4 seconds long! How dare she!?



We spent most of Saturday shopping at the outlets in Rehobeth. For dinner, we went to a restaurant called, "Irish Eyes". Coincidentally, I had been there before. It is an Irish Pub with live music and the best food you could ever find. Our table sat in silence as we enjoyed our food. It was that good. I saved half of my Reuben sandwich for Johnathan but ended up eating it myself. I'm not sorry either.


My bridesmaid's are really incredible. I feel like you always hear horror stories about bridesmaid's gone bad but my girls are top notch. They all took such great care of me and made sure everything went smoothly. Being a person who needs to have control, I was confident that everything was being taken care of while I just relaxed. 

It was such a great way to end the semester and to spend some time with my closest friends. You really know someone loves you when they agree to be a bridesmaid because it sure isn't a walk in the park! 

Thank you so much to these wonderful women! And a huge huge huge thanks to my Maid of Honor and my sister for planning this whole thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment